Francophone Mobility work permit

The Francophone mobility work permit makes it easier for Canadian employers to hire you without a labour market impact assessment, if you meet certain requirements and you are destined to live and work outside the province of Quebec.


To be eligible, you must

  • meet the general eligibility requirements for a work permit
  • live and work in 1 of the 9 Canadian provinces or 3 territories outside Quebec
  • be able to prove that your speaking and listening skills in French are at an intermediate level
    • This would be equivalent to a level 5 or higher in the Niveaux de compétence linguistique canadiens (NCLC) scale.
  • have an offer of employment for a job that’s classified under any Training, Education, Experience and Responsibilities (TEER) category of the National Occupational Classification (NOC) system. (Job in a primary agriculture occupation under TEER 4 and 5 not included.)